This is a little bit of homemade and a little bit of convenience. The Chicken Meatballs are store bought. Spaghetti Squash is a great alternative to pasta. I prefer it to be roasted in the oven but you can utilize your instant pot and even the microwave to cook one. Oven Roasted Spaghetti Squash:
- 425 degrees
- Cut Squash in half, clean out the “guts”
- Coat in your oil of choice, I used olive oil tonight. Seasoned with salt/pepper and onion powder
- I put a couple cloves of garlic under each half as well.
- Roast until you can pierce the skin with knife easily, depending on the size of your squash – 30-45 minutes
- Pull the squash and let it sit for 10 minutes and then use a fork to pull the “spaghetti” out of the halves.
Homemade Tomato Sauce
- I roasted some red onion in the oven while I roasted the squash, coated with olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Roasted in a 425 degree oven, stir/toss a couple times until onion is thoroughly cooked and caramelized
- In a blender add: roasted onion, can of coconut milk, small can of tomato sauce, salt/pepper, basil, oregano and parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
- Pour on meatballs and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti squash. Can sprinkle some (or a lot like me lol) parmesan cheese on top!