I know Instant Pots can be intimidating but hang in there with me. I use to buy the Rotisserie Chickens all the time at Walmart. But over the years I’ve noticed the quality of the meat decreased, a lot of dryness and at 8/9 bucks a pop I decided to try making my own.
1 whole chicken thawed or frozen
1 cup of water
Whatever seasoning you want. I really like this Chicken Seasoning, you can find it in the spice aisle at WalMart.
1. Make sure the rack is in the Instant Pot.
2. Pour in your water.
3. Unwrap your chicken, clean out anything in it. You can remove the skin. My personal preference is to leave it on. It gives a lot of flavor to the meat and sorry chicken skin is pretty tasty too! Lol
4. Rough cut you onion and lemon and place in the interior cavity of the chicken.
5. Place chicken in pot, pour 3/4 of the chicken seasoning over it
6. If your chicken is fully thawed, it is 6 minutes per pound. This was a 5.6lbs chicken so I hit the manual set on the Instant Pot at 33 minutes. If your chicken is completely frozen, it is 8 minutes per pound. Make sure the pressure lock is locked down.
7. Let it naturally release and I let get it out to cool.
8. Pick off your chicken and out in a container. This is quick protein you can throw on a salad, in a stir fry or just eat on its on throughout the week. I try to watch when whole chickens go on sale and stock them in my freezer. Easy prep, easy clean up.
If you try this, let me know!