First off a couple disclaimers.
1. I like to double and triple recipes to have lunches and dinners for the week. Meal prepping saves Brian and I a lot of time through week and out of drive through.
2. I prefer one pot meals if I can.
3. I basically use recipes as a guide. I substitute stuff or use what I have on hand. I enjoy experimenting in my kitchen.
Creamy Chicken and Vegetables.
This recipe is out of Robb Wolf’s “Wired to Eat” book. Full of protein and veggies! I chose chicken thighs due to being on sale and I did cut them down to bite size pieces. I had zoodles on hand and then some frozen veggies were thrown in as well. Full of a lot of flavor. I will say it did not cook down as much as I had hoped but that was probably due to the frozen veggies and some extra moisture but still turned out really good! If you try this out, let me know in the comments below!
2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 minced garlic cloves
1 1/2 pounds chicken, breast or thighs
1 pound zucchini or yellow squash, cut into half moons
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 cups fresh spinach
14 cup basil, chopped
- Heat oil in large skillet, add onion and sauté for five minutes.
- Add mushroom, garlic and chicken. Stir for five more minutes, until the mushrooms soften and chicken is browned.
- Stir in remainder of ingredients, in order: zucchini, coconut milk, stock, spinach, basil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.